Pearson Canada is Canada's largest publisher and listed as 632/2000 on Forbes List. If you want a career that offers opportunities in all aspects of publishing — creative, editorial, production, sales, marketing, publicity, promotions — then Pearson is the place for you. Your career can grow at one of our two offices: Don Mills or Newmarket, Ontario. If your passion is sales, opportunities exist across Canada. You can be proud to be part of a respected industry where learning, opinions, openness, and creativity are valued.
Values at Pearson
Brave. Imaginative. Decent. The way we conduct our business reflects and instills these core values. At Pearson Canada, we believe that each employee's personal commitment to upholding the core values has a positive influence on the company as a whole. We are confident that the brave, imaginative, and decent people who work here will ensure the continued success of Pearson Canada.
Benefits at Pearson
We recognize that the benefits package is an important aspect of your decision to join a company — for you and your family. We also appreciate that our ability to keep our great staff with us and motivated is affected by how well our benefits compare to the competition. We offer competitive salary and bonus plans, outstanding benefits, and a range of work/life programs to assist you and your family in balancing your professional and personal lives, including:
- Company paid health & dental benefits for you and your family
- Company paid disability, life insurance, AD&D, out of country medical
- Employee assistance program for guidance on stress, health, and other confidential needs for you and your family
- Pension plan & group RRSP
- Paid vacation, holiday, personal & sick time
- Subsidized fitness club memberships
- Flexible work schedules
- Education and training costs reimbursed 100% for employees
- Full service cafeteria
- Stock purchase plans, including a no-risk savings plan which gives each employee the chance to own a stake in Pearson‘s future
- Employee referral bonus & service awards
- Employee Scholarship program offered to employee's children who attend post-secondary educational institutions
- Adoption Assistance program
- 60% discount on Pearson books
Pearson is highly involved in company-wide social events such as BBQs, softball and volleyball leagues, holiday parties, ice cream in the summer, and wellness fairs where we bring in people and other organizations to speak and meet with employees about the many different wellness subjects.
Some of our charity events include an annual book sale for friends and family, bake sales and auctions, and Pearson has also participated in world-wide fundraisers for tsunami and hurricane relief.
Diversity at Pearson
We aim to be
- A diverse company — a company that reflects the societies in which we operate. We want to attract the very best candidates, at all levels, regardless of race, gender, age, physical ability, religion, or sexual orientation. We do not set specific, numerical targets for recruitment or promotion of particular groups, but we place great emphasis on ensuring that the pool of applicants for our jobs is diverse.
- A fair company — where pay, retention, and promotions are determined without discrimination.
- A company, which uses diversity to help achieve our commercial goals and targets new opportunities in growing markets.
It's the people that make the difference.
We offer exceptional career opportunities and are searching for talented professionals. We invite you to showcase your work experience and apply for editorial, marketing, sales, creative, accounting, administrative, production, information technology, management, distribution, or customer service positions in any of our divisions: Higher Education, School, Operations, or Distribution (Newmarket).
Please indicate in your application if you are legally eligible to work in Canada.
Human Resources Department
26 Prince Andrew Place
Don Mills, Ontario M3C 2T8
Phone (416) 447-5101
Fax (416) 447-0598
Did you know? Pearson employs 34,000 people worldwide in over 60 countries.